BuiltWithNOF

Hereford City Heritage

The Mayor’s Chain

Royal Vistors to Hereford

 

 

1891

Duke & Duchess of Teck and Princess May (Queen Mary) visited the Three Choirs Festival

1902

Princess Henry of Battenberg laid the Town Hall Foundation Stone

1911

Prince Henry of Prussia

1926

H.R.H. Prince of Wales (King Edward Vlll)

1927

H.R.H. Princess Helena Victoria

1934

June T.R.H. The Duke & Duchess of York (King George Vl and Queen Elizabeth) visited the Three Counties Show

1937

July H.M. Queen Mary unveiled the memorial stones at King George’s Playing Fields and Bishop’s Meadow and laid the foundation stone at the County Council Hospital extension.

1941

Oct. H.M. King George Vl to inspect troops quartered in and around the City

1943

Dec.H.R.H. The Princess Royal to inspect the A.T.S.

1954

18th July H.R.H. The Duchess of Kent on her way to Brecon

1957

24th April H.M.Queen Elizabeth ll and H.R.H. The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

1958

12th Nov. H.R.H. The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, visited H.P.Bulmer & Company Ltd.

1959

29th May H.R.H. Princess Alexandra of Kent, Youth ally

1960

23rd June H.M. Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother - 25th Anniversary Celebrations Hereford Bluecoat School.

1976

15th April H.M.Queen Elizabeth ll and H.R.H. The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh -Distribution of Royal Maundy.

1979

5th July H.R.H. Prince of Wakes visited Royal National College for the Blind.

1980

23rd May H.R.H. Princess Margaret visited Coningsby Hospital.

1982

16th July H.R.H. Princess Margaret visited Town Hall and St. Barnabas Church.

1984

18th May H.R.H. Princess Anne visited St Thomas Cantilupe School.

1985

9th April T.R.H. The Prince & Princess of Wales Inauguration of Cathedral Appeal.

1985

10th May H.R.H. Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Mrs Angus Ogilvy, opened Lindsey Price Almshouses.