Hereford City Heritage
The Mayor’s Chain
The Coningsby Hospital
Please follow this link to the Detailed history of Coningsby Hospital
The hospital used to be called the Red Coat Hospital after the residents who wore red coats. This picture, taken around 1890, shows a resident wearing his Coningsby Conies badge (Rabbits badge). The rabbit is a recurring theme throughout the chapel and hospital as part of the regalia..
[Home] [Description of the City] [City History] [Time-Line] [Almshouses] [Civil War] [CityGates] [Hereford's Monasteries] [Nornan times] [Population] [The Castle] [The Cathedral] [The Old House] [Town Hall] [Churches] [Railway] [Municipal History] [maps] [Notable Citizens] [BluePlaque people/places] [Pictures-Old Hereford] [Hereford Twinning Association] [Site Map] [Terms] [Acknowledgements]